Housing Disrepair Claims
Head of Housing Disrepair
The head of our Housing Disrepair Team is Kathryn Langton, a Solicitor and Director of the firm. Kathryn qualified as a Solicitor in 2009 and has been working exclusively in civil litigation since 2006. Kathryn joined McDermott Smith Law in September 2021 to help build the Housing Disrepair Team. Kathryn has a passion for Housing Disrepair and for helping client to get their homes repaired when they have otherwise been ignored.
We understand that, as a tenant, you may feel vulnerable and have concerns about claiming against your landlord. However, we can guide you through the process and help you claim the housing disrepair compensation you deserve.
In many cases, no win, no fee housing disrepair claims can be made, meaning that if the action is not successful, you won’t have to pay a penny in legal fees.
Remember, tenants have rights too and you don’t have to suffer unnecessarily. You are entitled to:
- A structurally sound building that is safe to live in
- Proper working drains and gutters that are free from obstruction
- An adequate heating system
- Access to water, gas and electricity
- Working sanitation, including basins, sinks, baths and toilets
- A home free from damp
- A property free from vermin
To begin a compensation claim or obtain further advice with no obligation contact McDermott Smith Law.