Accidents At Work: How Can We Help?

Accidents at work can be extremely debilitating and if you experience an injury while doing your job, it can be difficult to know where to turn.

It’s not uncommon for employers to try to play down the situation or act like it wasn’t their fault, but if sufficient safety measures haven’t been put in place, it’s essential that appropriate steps are taken.

You may be surprised to learn just how common accidents in the workplace can be. In 2017/2018 alone, there were 550,000 reported workplace accidents, according to the Health and Safety executive. If you’ve experienced a workplace injury, our team of expert solicitors can help.

What types of workplace accident can we help with?

We can help with any type of workplace accident that you have been involved in.

The most common types of accidents involve slips, trips and falls. From falling down a flight of stairs to tripping over an obstacle, it’s extremely common for these kinds of accidents to occur on business premises.

However, although we often hear from people who’ve fallen victim to the accidents outlined above, we can also help with everything from crushing injuries to serious wounds caused by machinery.

What is a workplace accident claim?

Workplace accident claims are made when a worker needs to make a claim against their employer following an accident in the workplace that has resulted in an injury, pain or illness.

A claim can be made if it’s found that the employer was neglectful and failed to implement suitable measures to protect workers.

If you think that you can prove your employer failed to act responsibly, our team of expert lawyers can assist you in pursuing a claim.

Who is the claim made against?

When an accident occurs in the workplace and the victim pursues a claim, the claim is made against the employer’s insurance policy.

It’s compulsory that all employers have this type of insurance cover so that they are able to pay money to victims if necessary.

This type of cover can be for up to £5 million, meaning employers will not be paying the compensation themselves.

It’s not uncommon for employees to be reluctant to pursue accidents at work claims due to a fear that they’ll lose their job or fall out with their employer. But this type of claim is never personal and if you’ve been injured in a workplace accident that wasn’t your fault, you’re entitled to financial compensation.

Can I make a claim against a company that is no longer in business?

It’s possible to make claims against companies that are no longer in business. If the company you worked for when you were injured at work has since closed down, we will apply to The Registrar of Companies to have it restored on your behalf.

We can also process the claim if the company has gone into liquidation, administration or is being sold.

How do I know if I’m eligible for compensation?

If you’ve suffered an injury at work during the last three years of your employment, you may be entitled to compensation. This is the case whether you were full time, part time, an agency worker or self-employed.

If you’re not sure whether you’re eligible, please get in touch with our team and we can assess your situation for you. Together, our team has many years’ experience in the industry and we can use our expertise to help you fight for the compensation you deserve.

For more advice, simply call our expert solicitors on 0151 363-6799 or contact our lawyers here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *